I was so sure Spring had sprung- in fact I think I actually named an entry that very title just last week. But lo and behold I was wrong, it's gone back to cold and rainy and unpleasant. Today was one of those weather days where I thank my lucky stars we homeschool. No bus to catch in the rain, no running to class in the rain - nothing in the rain. We stayed indoors all day, snuggled on the couch and read books, played games - a nice indoor day watching the rain fall and being thankful for heat and/or blankets. My poor husband on crutches, however, had to hobble around in the rain. Say it with me "poor Paul".
I have two new games I would like to recommend for kids
1. Sequence for kids- very fun strategy game
2. Rush Hour Jr. - an interesting puzzle game
My boys love them both and I admit I do too! As you can see, the versions I recommend work specifically for my age range - but, there are other versions for older "kids".
Here are my 3 things I'm thankful for today
1. I am thankful for my family.
2. I am thankful for each and every person who has sponsored a child through a charitable organization and made a difference in their lives.
3. I am thankful that a child can find hope in places where there seems to be none.
Italian lesson for the day:
poor = poveri
help = aiuto
hope = speranza