Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What happened to my weather?

I was so sure Spring had sprung- in fact I think I actually named an entry that very title just last week.  But lo and behold I was wrong, it's gone back to cold and rainy and unpleasant.  Today was one of those weather days where I thank my lucky stars we homeschool.  No bus to catch in the rain, no running to class in the rain - nothing in the rain.  We stayed indoors all day, snuggled on the couch and read books, played games - a nice indoor day watching the rain fall and being thankful for heat and/or blankets.  My poor husband on crutches, however, had to hobble around in the rain.  Say it with me "poor Paul".

I have two new games I would like to recommend for kids
1.  Sequence for kids- very fun strategy game

http://www.amazon.com/Jax-8001-Sequence-for-Kids/dp/B00005UM9P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1268161282&sr=8-1

2.  Rush Hour Jr. - an interesting puzzle game

http://www.amazon.com/Think-Fun-5040-ThinkFun-Rush/dp/B00004WJSN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1268161334&sr=1-1


My boys love them both and I admit I do too!   As you can see, the versions I recommend work specifically for my age range - but, there are other versions for older "kids".

Here are my 3 things I'm thankful for today
1.  I am thankful for my family.
2.  I am thankful for each and every person who has sponsored a child through a charitable organization and made a difference in their lives.
3.  I am thankful that a child can find hope in places where there seems to be none.

Italian lesson for the day:
poor = poveri
help = aiuto
hope = speranza

No comments:

Post a Comment