Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday

This morning, as I am getting dressed Lewis asks "Mommy, why don't you exercise?"  "Well Lewis, I should.  I'm lazy."  And in his never ending quest to be just like is father  helpful he continues "you know, you have that machine thingy in your bedroom you could use."  "Yes, thank you - I'll take that piece of advice under consideration." Not done with this exciting conversation, he continues "I learned on 'Sid the Science Kid' that you should exercise everyday".  To which I replied "No TV for you, two weeks!"  Just kidding.  That's what I get for letting my kids watch "educational" TV.  From now on, nothing but mindless fluff.  William (being a bit more like me and silently observing until now) says "Is it snacktime?"

Needless to say my "I'm giving up being lazy for Lent" isn't working out as planned.  I've exercised, once.  Pathetic.  I'm currently planning a trip to Greece to do nothing but lay by the pool or at the beach - something must be done!  But in other good news, I have kept to my no wine promise, my less complaining promise and one other thing I gave up as well.

Excellent day weather wise - beautiful, sunny and 61 degrees.  We went to our last art class and had lunch at the playground.  Which got  me to thinking about Spring/Summer clothes for the boys.  If you have boys you know that boy clothes are not cute.  Moms of girls are really lucky in this department.  If you have boys who have crossed out of toddler land you know these big boy clothes are really not cute.  What are they thinking?  Why does everything have to be an ugly graphic or camouflage?  And don't take this personally - but I despise shirts with cute (I use this word loosely) sayings like "He did it"  or "it wasn't me".  WHY?

Today's Italian lesson:  la lavastoviglie =  dishwasher.   Still broken, still not complaining.

Today's three things-
1.  I am thankful for seasoned homeschooling Moms who give good practical advice.
2.  I am thankful for my Nana.
3.  I am thankful my boys are concerned for my health.

Buona Notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment