Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday and toilets

Today is the first day after my big declaration of "No more complaining"!  Lent hasn't offcially started soooo....  Just kidding.  No complaints.  But I have to admit that I think it's going to be challenging.  I spent most of the day cleaning my house.  I do not like to clean house.  I tried being thankful that I have a house to clean.  No luck.  I tried being grateful that I'm blessed with such a nice house when many are homeless.  No luck.  The truth is I am thankful but I still hate to clean house.  So doing it without complaining or grumbling will be difficult.

Today was also a typical Monday.  I don't know about you, but for me Monday just has a "feel" to it.  It somehow seems heavier than all the other days, more difficult.  Why is this?  I don't have an answer.  It should have been a holiday for Paul but he had to go to work, poor guy.  He's getting better at hopping around on his crutches but he's frustrated too - very difficult for him to be physically limited. 

Not much else to report, but here's my list of 3-

1.  I'm thankful that I can go in my back yard and pick fresh lemons for my recipes.
2.  I'm thankful my boys are such good friends and can entertain themselves for hours with just each other and good imaginations.
3.  I'm thankful for Skype - it allows me to keep in touch with and see many faces I love.

1 comment:

  1. Sabrina, sometimes it just makes you feel better to complain, you just have to vent and then you feel better. I want to see a picture of that lemon tree, that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete