Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday again!

I hope all my entries don't have day titles, how boring.  But, it's Wednesday again and here I am posting and I couldn't think of anything else to call it.

I'm glad I didn't promise daily updates (did I?) because it's harder than you think to post things daily about your daily life.  Life can be pretty boring and routine and I'm sure you don't want to read anything boring or routine - in that case you may want to look for another blog to read.

1st- the good news - both of my boys still have all of their teeth (despite their efforts to lose them in crazy accidents).  2nd - the bad news - maybe not for long.  William took a tumble while using the potty and fell in!  No, I am not kidding.  The stool he was standing on slipped out from under him causing him to lurch forward - he tried to catch himself but missed so one of his arms went into the toilet.  The poor little boy hit his mouth on the toilet seat and busted his lips up pretty good and knocked one of his front teeth out of position.  It wasn't wiggly so we didn't rush to the dentist.  But, one of our dentists attends our church and took a look at his tooth and thinks he should come in to be examined further.  It has turned very grey and the concern of course is that the tooth is dead and needs to come out.  We're going in next Tuesday to have it examined.  Lewis, not to be outdone by his baby brother, took a tumble in the playroom the other day and whacked his mouth on the train table!  Big fat busted lip, but no signs of tooth damage.  Why are they doing this to me?  Boys.

I'm busy planning trips for our last year here in Italy.  As I said before, we're heading down to Sicily with Paul February 4-13.  He has a training exercise for work and we're going to tag along.  In April I think we'll go to Umbria for a week and tour all the cute little towns like Assisi, Orvieto, Puglia, Deruta.  It was much easier to convince Paul to do this as opposed to a cruise, imagine that.  Anyone want to join us?

Today we're off for an exciting adventure at the Commissary, I can't wait.  This is the good/bad side of homeschooling.  I love having my kids with me all day, but I don't love having them with me for all of the things I need to do in a day.  Luckily the bakery sells pretzels so we get two of those and that keeps them busy and quiet for at least three aisles.  You don't want to know what the rest of the shopping trip is like.

Oh, my dishwasher is still broken.  Did I tell you my dishwasher has been broken since August?  uggghhh.  and secretly I blame it all on my sister-in-law Gretchen who had the audacity to open the door!   What was she thinking opening the door?  She was here visiting in July and opened the door!  Then it started acting funny and in August quit working all together.  oh, wait, you're supposed to open the door?  Well then, I guess it's not Gretchen's fault after all.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they screwed the decorative face plate on with non-coated screws that are rusting and that said screw is very close to the place where the electronics would be that make the stupid thing work?  Anyhoo, it's been a long process.  It was broken, then mysteriously started working again and then mysteriously stopped working again.  The technician was due to come on Monday or Tuesday of this week.  And what day is it?  ugghhhhhh.

Time to get moving this morning - two cups of coffee and I'm starting to feel somewhat human.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment