Monday, June 28, 2010

You call this a diary?

OK, sorry.  I know this is supposed to be a way to keep you all up to date on daily life- but if I only write once a week I'm not doing what I set out to do.  I promise to write more often.

So, we've been busy lately with playdates and birthday parties and summer fun.  This weekend I played tour guide to a gal I met on Facebook who currently lives in Bahrain.  I "friended" her to try and get some information on living there and suddenly she shows up here in Naples for some meetings.  It was great to get out and have some girl time, we went to downtown Naples on Saturday and then I took her to Positano on the Amalfi coast on Sunday.  I think she enjoyed seeing a taste of Italy - she says I won't have any trouble driving in Bahrain - I wonder what she meant?  She gave me some great information about life in Bahrain, I think it's going to be very interesting - in a good way.  She's never travelled or lived outside of the US and she loves it there - very positive.

While I was away Paul and the boys played a lot of soccer and other games, some much needed Daddy time since he was away last week.  Paul took the boys to church on Sunday and as they drove into the parking lot one of them must have unbuckled and stood up with their head out of the window - Marcia, our pastor's wife, told Paul "I thought we had a new Italian family joining us this morning."  Great. 

Sorry I missed your phone calls Mom and Dad!  I hope Paul was able to answer all your questions.  I'm assuming of course that both of you are reading this now?  I guess my plan worked?  Still no comments from either of you guys but I think you would have to sign in for that.  Not to poke fun, but I'm not sure you're up to that task, yes that's another challenge.  Love ya!

Still nothing concrete on moving to Bahrain, though the detailer said he would try to get us orders early if he can so we can start the painful process of moving away from here.  It looks like Paul will have to complete some training before we go and that class is in Rhode Island - so we're hoping to have an extended stay in the States before going to Bahrain but we'll have to wait and see.  I can't believe it's been so long since we've been home to the US.  Paul was figuring up time last night, we've lived longer in this house in Italy than any other.  Our children have lived longer outside of the US than in.  Can you believe William wasn't even two when we got here and he'll be almost 5 when we leave?  Wow, it's just strange.  Someone posed this question to me, "If someone asked, would you recommend they move here?"  That's a loaded question.  It got me to thinking about all the things I love about being here, which also brings up all the things I loathe about being here.  It's the ultimate love/hate relationship.  More on that later.

We're off to swimming lessons today.  William has told everyone "I'm going to take swimming lessons.  But I'm NOT getting in the big pool."  I'm not sure how this is going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment