Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Update

Another weekend has flown by.  I love weekends.   Friday brings on this feeling of "rest to come",  but then I find myself bewildered on Sunday night wondering where on earth the time went and also wondering why I don't feel rested!

Friday afternoon we took a meal to the McMillians and we were able to spend time with all the kids.  I don't think I mentioned before but Julie is also a homeshcooling mama - she had some great advice to share and also had some materials I've just been dying to get my hands on for a look.  She was nice enough to let me borrow some things to check out before I order and I think I've finally settled on a course of action for school - yippeeeee!!!!  We'll be doing Five in a Row  http://fiarhq.com/fiveinarow.info/index.html  and I think we're really going to like it.

Friday night we met a group of friends, all with kids close in age to ours, at a local restaurant for pizza.  We had a great time, relaxed fun and good food!  I'm working harder these days to get Lewis and William some "kid" time so we don't get all those questions about "socializing our homeschooled kids".

Saturday night was my monthly bunco night, such a fun group of gals, working hard to get some "me" time too.

This morning we went to church and then I had to run to the grocery (not fun) and now the weekend is over.

I hate to admit I didn't keep a daily list of three things I've been thankful for over the weekend, but I have to say that this exercise in thankfulness has really helped me change the way I see things.  I often find myself checking my attitude and finding the good in most situations.  Looking for the positive really changes my whole day - I hope that in some way I've inspired you to do the same.  I'm amazed at how much "stinkin' thinkin'" was getting me down.

This weekend I'm thankful that gratitude is taking over the grumbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment