Sunday, February 21, 2010

OOPS!

Ok, I skipped writing my three things yesterday but I have an excuse!  Last night was Bunco night and it was my turn to host.  I spent most of the day preparing food for 11 lovely ladies and getting the house ready to be "seen by the public".  After a long night of fun and excitement (I won $25) I was waaaaaaaay too tired to write anything last night.  So I'll have to double down on the thankfulness tonight.

A quick update - Paul had a visit to the Orthopedic Dr. on Friday and had a brief moment where he thought they would remove the cast and give him a walking boot.  But a brief moment it was.  They first x-rayed the foot with the cast still on and the Dr. couldn't see the break.  After talking with Paul for a bit about what the Drs in Sicily had said he decided to cut the cast off and do another x-ray just to be sure.  And wouldn't ya know it? he saw the break- so Paul got a brand new cast.  He'll be wearing this one for 4.5 weeks and he's not thrilled to be on crutches, but what are ya gonna do?

The boys are doing great.  The weather is warming up a bit and the rain seems to be tapering off.  We've been outside playing the past few days and it has been so nice.  I hope to get outside and do some yard work this week, the neglect is starting to show.

On Friday I went with a group of girls for a tour of a local glove factory- fun, fun!  It was so interesting to see the process start to finish.   The best part being the finish where they let you buy gloves direct.  Some of them are slightly imperfect, some overstock, but all very nice.  I bought the most beautiful pair of red gloves!  I'll try to get a picture of them up so you can all ooooo and ahhhhhh.

I don't usually pass out advice on marriage but I have a little tidbit I would like to share.  If you're interested in keeping the peace - DO NOT wash your husband's passport!  Even if your intentions are pure (clean clothes) the end result will not produce a pleasing effect.  Trust me on this one.  In my defense, I have a long standing rule that once your clothes hit the laundry basket they should be ready to go - apparently no one is listening to me or following my rules.

Earlier today I posted a link to a blog - read some of it if you have time.  It amazes me to read stories of people doing extraordinary things.  Her blog reinforced my need to stop complaining over ridiculous things.

Sorry this is all a bit random and choppy but I'm still feeling the after effects of trying to stay up late and party like a Bunco rockstar.  I hope you all had a great weekend full of blessings.

Saturday's 3
1.  I am thankful to have the opportunity to be a host to great ladies.
2.  I am thankful for "Biscuit" books, my son loves to read them!
3.  I am thankful for my camera.

Sunday's 3
1.  I am thankful for my church.
2.  I am thankful for my neighbor Nora and her lasagna.
3.  I am thankful for missionaries out there showing the world what it really means to follow Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Sabrina, I love hearing updates on your family. Would LOVE to see your gloves!! I, too, have the rule about the laundry...apparently, it doesn't apply to certain members of my household, but we are working on it.

    ReplyDelete